Why choose teeth whitening?
- Your teeth will naturally darken with age.
- The effects of teeth whitening can last for several years.
- The procedure is entirely safe for you, your teeth, and your gums.
- Teeth can be lightened to the shade of your choice – either a subtle or more intense whiteness.
- Whitening toothpastes don’t contain the same ingredients that our procedures use – so they can’t restore the natural colour of your teeth.
- Teeth whitening will only whiten your teeth, if you already have crowns or fillings these will remain unchanged. Sometimes these can be changed after treatment and matched to your new brighter smile.
Will teeth whitening hurt?
It’s unlikely that you’ll experience any discomfort when having your teeth professionally whitened. Some people find their teeth and gums may become more sensitive during treatment, but using toothpaste designed for sensitive teeth will reduce or stop this. In rare cases teeth may be very sensitive during treatment, but when the bleaching is stopped, the teeth soon recover to normal.
Is teeth whitening safe?
When performed by a registered dentist, teeth whitening is a safe procedure and the bleaching agent used is safe for teeth and gums. The dentist will check first to see if it suitable for you. This is simply a cosmetic treatment.
How can I make teeth whitening last longer?
Teeth whitening treatments can provide great results for up to three years. Good teeth brushing twice a day will help reduce the build up of stains. However, you might also want to use whitening toothpaste to help maintain the effect and prevent staining. Our dental hygienists can also remove stains and help you keep your new bright smile.